Doctrinal Statement of Seaford Christian Academy
1. We believe that the Bible in the original tongues is the inspired Word of God, and that it is of supreme and final authority in faith and practice.
II Timothy 3:16-17
2. We believe in one God existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, co-equal and eternal.
Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14
3. We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ: that He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
John 1:5, 14; Matthew 1:18-25
4. We believe that the only way to be saved is by faith in the blood sacrifice, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and that, to those who thus become His sheep He says, “I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
John 10:28; Ephesians 2:8, 9
5. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord Jesus Christ: we believe that He ascended into Heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father: that He ever liveth to make intercession for all that come to God by Him.
Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 7:25; Ephesians 1:20-21
6. We believe that the Church, which is the Body of Christ began with the descent of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost and that each one who accepts the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Savior is a member of the Body of Christ. We believe in the personality and Deity of the Holy Spirit, who baptizes believers the moment they are saved, who indwells the believer permanently, who infills the believer as he yields his life to the control of the Holy Spirit and who is the believer’s constant comfort and guide.
I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:4-6
7. We believe that the Gospel commission is for the Church; that the Lord’s Supper and Baptism and Divine Institutions and that Christ desires us to practice them in this age.
Matthew 28: 18-29; I Corinthians 11:23-29
8. We believe that Christ may at any moment return in the air to rapture the Saints, and that a tribulation period of seven years shall follow, after which He will come to the earth with His Saints, and rule for a thousand years. After this the wicked will be judged and cast into the lake of fire
I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15:51-57; Daniel 9:27;
Matthew 24:15-21, 24;27, 25:4-6; Revelation 19:11
9. We believe that Satan is a person, the author of the fall, and that he is to be eternally punished.
Job 1-7; Genesis 3:1-19; Revelation 20:10
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust, and in the eternal conscious punishment of the lost and in the everlasting blessedness of the saved.
Revelation 20:11-15, 22:11-14; I Corinthians 15:1-56